The overall objective of the project is to promote Biotourism practices in both sides of the Greece – Albanian Cross Border Area.
The programme’s specific goals are:
- The creation of a transboundary network of cooperation and the development of common transboundary tourist packages of added value.
- The enhancement of the quality of tourism in the intervention areas with innovative practices in the fields of culture and the environment and with the interactive participation of all partners.
- The participation of local authorities in high quality standards in tourism.
- Τhe effective management of local human and natural resources, historic and traditional values, and ethnic diversity reflecting the needs of the area
Leader: Biopolitics Organization Greece
Partners: Biologists of Albania
Donor: European Union
Duration period: 01-04-2012 – 30-09-2013
Products of the Biotourism project: Technical Manual on Biotourism Strategy for Korca Region – Alb, Technical Manual on Biotourism Strategy for Korca Region – ENG
- BIOTOURISM – press release
- Bio-tourism – Stakeholder’s training in Korca
- Contest : What Biotourism Means to Me
- Kick Off Meeting – Greece
- Beyond Borders – Activity 2.3.1. Training on “Green and Sustainable Tourism”
- First Steering Committee Meeting
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.4 Analyses and Reports
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.2 Create Database for the stakeholders
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.3 Conduct the research
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.1. Survey design