Production of the second edition of the Red Book of Albanian Flora and Fauna for primary school level of education.
The red book for Albanian Flora and fauna adapted for the Albanian primary school level, is an important awareness tool useful for the teachers and students of the primary schools to be aware and informed about the endangered and species in Albania as well as on the methods used for their protection. The project was managed in cooperation with the Regional Environmental Centre (REC) and the Ministry of environment and forestry.
The first edition of this publication was produced in 2002-2004. This publication aimed the students of high schools and also teachers and parents. The second edition with more information on the status of the species as well as with illustration of their appearance and location in Albania was reproduced in 2008-2009. The project team not only produced the book but also used the professional publication for trainings, events, on indicating how to use the book during the teaching sessions in the class in all the regions of Albania. An awareness education campaign with regard to environment in schools accompanied this project for visibility purposes which resulted in the publication and distribution of this publication to more than 500 primary schools in all the regional in Albania.
Lead Partner: Biologists of Albania
Donor: Ministry of Environment and Forestry, REC Albania
Duration period: 02.02.2002-01.02.2004
- TOT workshop – How to Green their schools?
- ECO clubs in Korca and Pogradec
- Bio-tourism – Stakeholder’s training in Korca
- First Steering Committee Meeting
- Contest : What Biotourism Means to Me
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.1. Survey design
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.2 Create Database for the stakeholders
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.3 Conduct the research
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.5 Benchmarking Analysis
- Beyond Borders – Activity 1.4 Analyses and Reports