Biologists of Albania (BOA) is an environmental NGO which was initially founded on December 14, 1991, with a 20 years of experience. It was registered according to the new Albanian legislation on the 4th of May 2009.
The Mission of the organisation is the education of the community with sustainable and functional knowledge on the issues of biodiversity and environment to raise their capacities so as to ensure a behaviour of European standards, to respect regulations for the utilisation and safefuarding of the biological asset of our country. This mission will be accomplished through interactive trainings, study visits and scientific studies in the ground.
General objectives include:
- Preserving the diversity of the fauna and flora of Albania
- Environmental awareness of the public with the focus of all strata of the society
- Education and capacity building actions of the community groups (school, farmers, local authorities, CSOs) through trainings to raise the capacities in the field of environmental protection and biodiversity.
- Promote public, CSO participation in decision making process for the benefit of the environment.
Methods of work include but are not limited to promoting:
- Awareness raising;
- Environmental education (capacity building, trainings, debate, speeches);
- Public outreach and participation;
- Nature conservation and monitoring, conducting Research and Consulting stakeholders.