Innovative Space Satellite Monitoring of Environmental Natural Resources of Border Area Greece-Albania
The project aims at establishing an innovative & cost effective solution for monitoring the Natural Resources of Greece & Albania cross – border areas.
The specific objectives of the project:
- Monitoring the natural resources of the whole cross border area
- Provision of probability based vulnerability assessments
- Provision of thematic digital and hardcopy maps of the areas covered with climate change impacts and adaptation
- Extensive use of tools for climate change impacts and adaptation data management and modeling
- Contribution to the development of existing local, regional, national and European networks for global change impact and adaptation
- Strong Dissemination of knowledge and results to the local administrators and stakeholders
- Derivation of critical impact factors for the environmental impacts for the designing of policy targets and adaptation measures concerning climate protection in the area of coverage.
Project leader: Region of Western Macedonia
Partner: Biologists of Albania
Duration period: 01.07.2012 – 30.04.2014
Products of the Space Satellite Monitoring project: Innovative Space Satellite Monitoring of the Environmental Natural Resources of the Cross – Border Area Greece – Albania”, 1st Newsletter SSMNatuRe, 2nd Newsletter SSMNatuRe, 3rd Newsletter SSMNatuRe
- None Found